With the green grass, leaves on the trees, and blooming flowers, I can’t help but notice that spring has come. Inspired by the bright and warm colors of springtime, I created this colorful spring makeup look featuring bright, multicolored eyeliner.
1. I began by priming the lid using Urban Decay Primer Potion. This step is especially important when using bright colors, as it helps to make them pop.
2. I packed a Urban Decay’s Sin, a shimmery champagne color, onto the lid and inner corner using a flat shader brush.
3. Using my Elf “C” eyeshadow brush, I blended chopper, a warm rose gold shimmer, into the crease and corner, bringing it a bit above my natural crease and drawing it outwards for a more dramatic look. I also ran this color along the lower lashline.
4. Now for the fun part: the multicolored eyeliner. It you have multicolored eyeliner pencils, you can use them for this step. If not, colored eyeshadows will do. The colors I used from inner to outer corner are green, blue, light purple, and dark purple.
To apply them, I wet an angled eyeliner brush, shook off the excess water, and lightly dipped the brush into my first color. Starting in the corner, I dragged the brush along the lashline a length a bit longer than that of the brush tip. After I finished the first color, I wiped off the brush with a tissue, re-wet it, and moved on to the next color. To ensure each color faded smoothly into the next, I slightly overlapped the boundary of each new color with the one I had applied before it. To add an eyecatching detail, I winged out my last color.
5. To finish off the eyes, I dabbed a bit of brown eyeliner pencil from Physicians Formula on the lower lashline and blended it out with a blending brush for a bit of added definition. Then, I curled the lashes and applied mascara to the top and bottom lashes. Lastly, I filled in my brows with Anastasia brow powder and set them with the Anastasia brow gel.
6. To complete the makeup look, I applied a rose-pink blush from the Naked Flushed palette to the tops of my cheekbones and blended it with a circular motion towards my temples. Then, I applied a soft pink lip color, Nars Rikugien .
Here’s the finished look:
That’s it! I hope you enjoyed this makeup look. Happy spring! 🙂