French toast makes a delicious breakfast or brunch, or even dessert. Luckily, you don’t need eggs to make this scrumptious treat! In this post, I will show you how to make cinnamon and sugar french toast so delectable, your friends and family will never believe it’s vegan!
- Soymilk (a thicker vegan milk works best)
- Ener-G Vegan Egg Replacer (you could substitute for potato or corn starch if you do not have the Egg Replacer)
- Vegan butter alternative, such as Earth Balance
- Optional: fruit to top it off such as strawberries and blueberries
1. Begin by mixing around 2 tablespoons of soymilk and around 1 teaspoon of vegan egg replacer in a plate or shallow bowl. Mix until it reaches a smooth, yogurt-like texture. Tip: stir in the egg replacer a little bit at a time to prevent lumps.
2. Melt around 2 teaspoons of vegan butter in a pan.
3. Coat both slices of the bread in the soymilk and egg replacer mixture and place in the pan once the butter has melted.
4. Mix 1 teaspoon of cinnamon with 1 teaspoon of sugar on a clean plate.
5. Once the bread has become brown and crunchy on both sides, coat it in the cinnamon and sugar.
6. Top with fresh fruit, such as chopped strawberries and blueberries.
7. Repeat for additional slices, and enjoy!
Here is the finished product: