To me, the perfect holiday makeup look features warm, metallic tones and a classic red lip. I think this subtle gold eye with a hint of sparkle paired with delicate winged liner is the perfect look to wear to any holiday occasion, from a party to a family gathering. I will be using the Too Faced Natural Eye palette, but any other eyeshadows in similar colors will work. I hope you enjoy!
1. Begin by priming your eyes so the colors remain smooth and vibrant all night. I used Urban Decay’s Primer Potion, my all time favorite primer.
2. Apply a metallic base. I am using the Coconut Watercolor Eyeshadow from Josie Maran in Playa del Pink. I applied this all over the lid, in the inner corner, and up to the crease.
3. Apply a matte white shade over the metallic base. I am using Heaven from the Too Faced Natural Eye Palette. This will give a more subtle, pearly effect.
4. Blend a cool, matte taupe shade into the crease to soften and define. I used the shade Velvet Revolver.
5. This is the fun part! Wet your brush slightly using water or a makeup setting spray, if you have one. Lightly dip into a shimmery gold shadow. I used Honey Pot. Apply this to the lid with back and forth motions, keeping it out of the crease and inner corner. I love the dramatic effect applying eyeshadow wet brings to your eye makeup
6. Return to the taupe blending shade and redefine the crease, softening any harsh lines so the gold blends seamlessly with the crease.
7. For an extra pop of sparkle, take a glitter shadow and dot this into the inner corner of the eye, bringing it up slightly onto the inner portion of the lid. I am using the shade Nude Beach.
8. Add a thin line of liquid eyeliner and a dainty wing to elongate the eyes and add a bit of flair. I am using the felt tipped liner from Sonia Kashuk. Curl the lashes and add mascara. I used the Volume Plumping mascara from Elf. Finish the eyes by setting your brows with a clear gel and fill them in if you wish. I used the brow gel from Anastasia.
9. The finishing touch to the makeup look is the bright, bold red lip. I am using the Megaslicks Balmstain from Wet n Wild in Red-dy or Not. I love how long lasting and creamy this lipstick is.
Done! This is the completed look: (And yes, I got my septum pierced)
I hope you enjoyed this Golden Holiday Makeup Look! If you try it out, I would love to know what you think. But no matter how you wear your makeup this holiday season, make sure it is cruelty free! Compassion is always in season. ❤ Happy Holidays!