As our summer days begin to dwindle, it is time to savor our last warm evenings before fall sneaks in. This garnished pita bread is the perfect dinner to enjoy on a summer night. It is crispy, flavorful, and vegan, of course! Best of all, it is extremely easy to prepare, and way healthier than delivery or frozen pizzas!
1. Pita bread
2. Vegan butter spread (I am using coconut spread). Feel free to substitute a sauce, such as marinara.
3. Vegetables of choice (I am using broccoli, green pepper, onion, and corn)
4. Vegan cheese shreds
5. Faux sausage
6. Spices of choice (I am using pepper, onion powder, and parsley flakes)
From here, it is very easy to assemble your delicious pita bread.
1. Spread vegan butter alternative (or sauce) all over pita.
2. Chop up vegetables and faux sausage to desired size.
3. Garnish with faux meat and vegetables. Sprinkle cheese shreds and spices on top.
4. Bake at 430 degrees Fahrenheit until crispy.
5. Cut into quarters and serve.
That’s it! These garnished pita breads are seriously so delicious. My whole family loves them! Feel free to experiment with different sauces and vegetables. And if you give this recipe a try, I would love to know how it turns out!