Since I went vegan, I have been eating a lot of tofu and have come to appreciate its versatility. In this post, I will show you how to turn a cold block of tofu into a delicious breakfast scramble.
You will need:
1. Extra Firm Tofu
2. Vegetables (I will be using onions, green peppers, and mushrooms)
3. Plant-based cooking oil
4. Optional: spices such as salt, pepper, and garlic salt. Toppings such as vegan cheese shreds or nutritional yeast.
1. Cut the tofu into cubes. Wrap 7-10 of them in a paper towel, set them flat on a plate, and put a heavy object such as a cooking pan on top of them. This will squeeze out the water. Let them sit for 5-10 minutes.
2. Dice your vegetables and saute in a pan with a teaspoon of cooking oil.
3. With your fingers, crumble the tofu cubes into the pan and continue to saute, turning down the heat. Stir frequently, as the tofu tends to stick to the pan.
4. After about a minute, turn off the heat and put on a plate.
5. Sprinkle with spices and toppings.
Done! Yummy! 🙂
I like to eat my tofu scramble with a piece of toast and a bit of coconut oil spread.
I typically add a small cup of fruit to give me some natural energy. Today, I am eating some sliced strawberries.