I was recently nominated for the Liebster award by Jen, the author of the fashion, makeup, and travel blog “coffee sundays.” I am very thankful to her for nominating me as a welcome into the blogging community, and I hope to do the same for my nominees.
– You have to link back to the person that nominated you.
– You must answer all questions given to you by the person who nominated you.
– You must give 10 random facts about yourself.
– After completing these questions you must nominate 5 bloggers with under 200 followers and give them 10 questions of your choice.
– You must not nominate the person who nominated you.
– You must let your nominees know that they have been nominated and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it.
OK, onto the award!
Questions from Jen
1. What’s your local beauty look (what’s common in your area? Sleek straight hair, falsies, no makeup makeup, etc.)? Most people I see on a day-to-day basis wear minimal makeup including mascara, liquid or pencil liner, and occasional lip gloss or lipstick. Winged eyeliner and red lips are also popular for special occasions.
2. Favorite hand cream? Bath and Body Works Fresh Picked Pears lotion.
3. Describe your personal style. My personal style is all over the place! I am not afraid to wear daring pieces that most people would not consider, or mix prints. Some days my style tends towards a more edgy look, and other days I gravitate towards a more girly look. Overall, I dress more on the casual side, veering away from skirts and dresses (although I am trying to get into wearing them!). 99% of the time I’m in jeans! I also love high waisted and printed shorts for the summer.
4. Do you collect anything (beauty or non-beauty related)? I have been collecting turtles for the last 8 years. I collect stuffed animals, collectible figurines, wall art, and keychains, toys, etc. I rarely add to my collection now, though, because I have so many!
5. How much time a week do you devote to maintaining your blog? As my blog is just taking off (my 3 week blog-iversary is this Saturday), I try to post 6-7 times per week. I typically spend 2-4 hours writing a post and taking pictures each day. Because I am on summer vacation and unemployed, I have plenty of time to devote to it. Once I start college in September, I plan on posting 1-2 times per week.
6. Current trend you wouldn’t be caught dead in? The whole yoga pants, Uggs, Iphone, Starbucks frappe ensemble. I like to pretend I’m hipster, so I detest anything that is too mainstream, haha! I would never be seen with even one of those items! I like to stand out instead of doing what is popular.
7. Favorite underrated beauty product or brand? Unnaturally colored makeup. I feel that people are afraid to experiment with bold and bright colors, when it is actually easy to incorporate them into a neutral, everyday look. I rarely see brightly colored eyeshadows, eyeliners, and lip colors, but they can add an eye catching pop to anyone’s makeup without going too over the top.
8. What lifts your mood when you’re feeling down? Listening to music. Lately, my pick me up album has been War Eternal by Arch Enemy (which I reviewed two weeks ago). Arch Enemy’s powerful instrumentals and vocals always transport me far away from my worries. I also connect strongly with the lyrics. After listening to that album, I feel relaxed and energized at the same time!
9. Favorite drink (alcoholic and/or non alcoholic)? As I am under 21, I don’t drink alcohol, so I’ll just mention 2 of my favorite drinks. My favorite soda is Sprite. It’s quite crisp and refreshing, and I don’t like to drink dark colas. I also like cranberry juice because its strong kick and deep red color make me feel sophisticated. 😛
10. What’s one thing you’ve accomplished in the past 5-10 years that you’re proud of, because you never thought you’d accomplish it? I recently graduated from a boarding school for top math and science students in the state and received full tuition to attend my University of choice. It still feels unbelievable to me that I have come this far, and I am very grateful for all of the opportunities and support that I have been given throughout my life. 5 years ago, I would have never thought I would be where I am now. :’ )
10 Random Facts About Me
1. I cannot fall asleep without wearing an eye mask.
2. I am a creature of habit–I always order the exact same thing at restaurants, sit in the exact same seat in class, or wear the same outfit for a particular day of the week!
3. I was a premature baby.
4. Late night snacks are my weakness.
5. I have a huge fear of hospitals and doctor’s offices in general. (Probs has something to do with #3)
6. I am attracted to anything with a floral print, especially vintage floral.
7. A year and a half ago, I organized a holiday toy drive for Chinese immigrant children in my community.
8. I once received a D on a portrait I drew of my roommate. (And I actually tried)
9. I recently became a Vegan and Lifestyle Vegan (ie, no personal products or clothing that contain animal products or were tested on animals).
10. I am ashamed to admit that I’m one of those people who goes crazy for pumpkin scented/flavored things in the fall. x_x *hiding shame*
That’s enough about me! Now, I will nominate 5 bloggers with under 200 followers to complete 10 questions of my choice as well as share 10 facts about themselves!
My nominees for the Liebster Award are:
My Vegan Valentine
Girl Behind the Glasses
Petite Lab Rat
Check out all of their blogs, if you haven’t already, as they are some of my favorites! 🙂
10 Questions for my Nominees
1. Why did you choose to begin blogging and how long ago?
2. Describe the room/place you are in right now.
3. What is the last meal/snack you ate?
4. Describe your favorite outfit in your closet.
5. Describe your everyday makeup look.
6. What is something that most people do not know about you?
7. What items are currently on your wishlist?
8. What is your idea of a perfect Friday night?
9. What are your hopes, dreams, or goals for the future?
10. What is the last song you listened to?
That’s it! Once again, thank you so much to Jen from coffee sundays for nominating my blog for the Liebster award! I had so much fun answering her questions and coming up with my random facts! I look forward to seeing my nominees’ posts!