In my experience doing makeup, I have found that how well your makeup turns out depends a lot upon your brushes. In addition to using quality brushes, it is important to keep them clean. I’ll be the first to admit that I rarely get around to washing my brushes! But for the health of you skin especially, your brushes should be washed around once a month. So here is how I get clean, soft brushes!
You will Need:
1. A bowl
3. A large bath towel
1. Fill the bowl with warm water and add a squirt of shampoo. Stir the water until the shampoo dissolves.
2. Allow your brushes to soak in the bowl for around 2 minutes to loosen the product that has accumulated in the bristles.
3. To rinse them, place them one at a time under a running tap and swirl them in the palm of your hand until the water runs clear.
4. Lay the brushes flat on the towel to dry, moving them to a dry location on the towel and flipping them every half hour or so.
Once they have dried completely, you’re done!
1. If you have duplicate eyeshadow brushes (flat shader brushes especially), I recommend using one set for shimmers and one set for mattes. This way, your matte shadows won’t pick up any sparkle.
2. Don’t blow or lick brushes in order to help them remain sanitary between washes.
3. Wash the sponges or brushes you use to apply foundation in a separate bowl, as these tools accumulate the most product and are the dirtiest.
That’s it! I hope you will be pleasantly surprised by the difference fresh, clean brushes make!